Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Rosie goes tree skiing

Rosie and I couldn't decide what to do. Noting there was as much snow on the ground outside the cabin as ever there is, we decided to stay local and explore the mountain up the street for the first time.

Sammy found a deer bone at the top and went to town.

 Rosie.

 We hit a logging cut off the back. I was vaguely aware of this terrain but didn't realize what great skiing it would be.

 Rosie is getting to be a real New England skier because she is no longer disturbed to find bits of trees in her bindings at the bottom of a run.

 Back up and over the top, we used this radio antenna utility shack as a windbreak when ripping skins. Sammy recognized it as a door and thought we were going inside!











 Rosie can ski the trees! And still be smiling.

 The I went XC skiing with my parents.







 A cool windlip. There were a lot of cool wind artifacts all around.



 The next morning, we went back to the logging cuts.



 There will be creeks.

 Then we went "Cross skiing" with my dad.

Then I turned 30. Then we went cross skiing again. 
Rosie took all these pictures, which is why they are all pictures of me. 













 More whiskey mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment