Sunday, March 1, 2015

Jackson 3: Edelweiss, etc

Here are some images from our left few days in Jackson.

On 12/30, we drove up the Pass, dropped off into Trail Creek, and skinned up Edelweiss. It was very, very cold in the shadow of the Pass Ridge.

After the awesome powder on 25 Short, the sastrugi on the main face of Edelweiss was a real shocker.

 I could have framed Rosie silhouetted in the sun, but it was super cold and when it's below zero, you don't ask people to stand around while you set up for a photo.





 Sastrugi Town, WY. We'd been very cold skinning up in the shade, but it was remarkably warm up here. I didn't even put on my down jacket. However, Rosie's feet had been freezing, so we took her boots off and warmed her feet on my stomach.

If we had bootpacked Glory, which gets sun all day, we'd have been toasty the whole time.







 We skied the drainage straight north, which was sheltered and had very nice snow.









Rosie tired.



 The next day, I skinned a couple runs on Snow King, so I could demo a new pair of ski boots.







 Next day, Ryland and Rosie and I did some kick and glide in Game Creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment