Friday, August 3, 2012

Riding in Cache Creek on my NEW BIKE!

I got the call Monday morning that my new bike was ready for pickup. Hoback Sports put in a warranty claim on my old bike with the frame crack, which Trek honored with an amazing 312 $ credit towards a new bike. I put in the order with Hoback, and when they rung me up they also gave me a semi-wholesale price (applying the 312 $ credit to the wholesale price, then doing their normal proportional markup, which, on a mid-priced bike like this, made a significant difference). The end result was that, even though this is a nicer bike, it cost me significantly less, in inflation-adjusted terms, than the bike I am replacing.

Rosie and I rode up the Cache Creek fire road, then onto Putt Putt for the return to the car.

My new bike is a larger frame size which wasn't manufactured in '98. It pretty much fits me, which is novel.


Then we hurried home so we could put my pajamas over Sammy's head.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment